Early morning workout + stress relief

This morning I tackled my workout at 5am. I’ve been trying to get some essential exercises done nice and early so that if my motivation dissipates, I will have at least done that much. It’s working out well for me and often turns into a full workout. I’m looking forward to following a program/challenge again soon (the new one launches January 3!).

I am tired FB Fam! Mostly mentally tired. Stress is heavy and this year has had no shortage of stress. Hoping for a better year for all of us in 2021.

As for now, with all the chaos, I know the only thing I can control is my own actions. So I’m trying to squeeze in some smart activity most mornings. Trying to drink enough water, eat mostly healthy, and not judge myself for the hyper sweet tooth that has shown up out of nowhere 😅🤷🏼‍♀️ Trying to keep my stress low - or least make sure I’m not holding it in my body or moving into fight or flight - think clenched muscles, tight jaw, quickened heart rate, etc.

That’s my biggest piece of advice right now; if lowering your stress is not a viable option, please check in with yourself frequently and make sure you’re not holding the tension in your body. Treat yourself to a few slow, deep belly breaths, relax your brow, unclench the jaw, fists, let the shoulders sink down away from the neck. Take a couple minutes to stretch, read a book, journal, be in nature, phone a friend. Check in with yourself like this as often as you need to.

I’ll be sitting in front of my laptop all day and these little tricks ^ will help keep my stress low and head clear.

Hope you all have a great day. 2021 is just around the corner and while it’s a total wild card, I know that we will have a lot of fun, hopefully very helpful new stuff for you to read, use, and try.

Stay safe, stay healthy, take good care of yourself and each other 💙

Edited