Daily Check-in: Monday, December 21st

Hello. How are you; why don't you tell me your day?

First thoughts first though; Thank you, Lynna for some wonderful guest hosting over the weekend. I managed to lurk a little^^ ..And still speaking of weekend, I hope you guys had a good one. It was busy for me, but I also made sure to have a spot of relaxing in there. For once I made it a priority to find time to fit in the recovery workout. It felt really good and helped for some relaxing. Glad I did it!

Also found some cool birds for your Monday. I'm not that great at photo-ing birds or have any skill like that of our Anne or Kim in this department. But every once in a while I come across one and decide to give it to a try. Such a case came over the weekend in a parking lot of a store. I saw the red tops on these birds heads and was like, "Are those sandhill cranes?!" ..So that was enough to get me to bother what otherwise good morning these birds were having. I didn't want to freak them out too much by coming in like I wanted an autograph, so I kept some distance. And soon one of the cranes was doing a bit of dancing like no one was watching--except the three others and myself were watching. I imagine this dancing bird was analogous to my excitement of seeing said birds and the watchers be like the people in the parking lot staring at me.

But let's get to some workouts. Does your workout involve dancing like no one is watching? Or workout like no one is watching? Because you possibly workout at home and have that nice perk of sweating and stretching free of an audience? ..I'd bad dance either way, such as I might do between rest intervals from today's Bored Easily Challenge lower body workout. I have options, but I think I'm going with the banded workout. Good luck on your movement whatever it may be and try to enjoy it; bad dancing and all!

And what food oh delicious and nutritious food grace your lips today? I'm back to classic moves like figure it out as I go and if all plans fail, make a sandwich! Ever have a go to meal that just works and you can live off it?

Now we've got a big week in store here as there's this little holiday called Christmas coming up on Friday, so the days leading up to it might get a little crazy. But first let's look at today. It's the first day of winter for us Northern Hemispherians and thus longest night of the year and also Yalda night as I newly learned from my dash of lurking here. It's always amazing what beautiful things we can learn from others in this community! So happy first day of winter and Yalda night and also happy longest day for our South Hemi Blenders! Just a blanket happy special whatever day it is for you!

But wait! There's more!

There's also a really rare astronomical thingy happening called the Jupiter and Saturn conjunction. Everything has lined up to where it's going to look like the planets are so close they could kiss. So who is up for seeing some planet smooching? It's only been about 400 years since these two have come this close and 800 since it could be seen properly at night, so not a terribly big deal. Anyway, fingers crossed for a clear sky and I (and you) will be able to see this great conjunction/Christmas star!

Okay, did I forget anything? Probably! But I've thrown quite a few things out there so all my rambles aside, I hope you have a great day and week ahead! Let's go!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited