Daily Check-In: Sunday, 20 December, 2020 πŸ¦‰πŸ¦€πŸΏπŸŠπŸ¦‡

Heya everybody! How's your weekend shaping up? Are you getting ready for Yalda tomorrow? I'm all set with my watermelon and pomegranates, and got in early with the nuts and dried fruit. I had some while writing this, plus artichoke hearts, a can of tuna, and a pickle. I still need to find a grandmother to visit though. Hopefully one will turn up before long! I haven't checked ebay yet.

Since I live upside down though, tomorrow's not the longest night of the year but rather the shortest. I love long summer evenings, and although they aren't as long here as they were in NW Washington, it's only now getting dark at 9pm. So everyone can turn on their Christmas lights for about 10 minutes before they go to bed. I've been waiting all day to write this check-in...I went to put it up this afternoon, but then realised it was only 8 pm yesterday on the US West Coast. And I suppose Sunday's check-in should be published on what is Sunday for the majority of readers. So I am here to tell you Sunday was sunny and comfortable, and the future is looking bright. I had loads of work to do while I waited, but had no motivation to touch any of it so decided I should clean the house instead. It was at level Call the Health Department, which it seems to be at frequently, and also which makes a good excuse. I think we should impose a rule that everyone has to be shaved bald before they come inside, including Max. Especially Max. Especially during warm, shedding weather. There was more dog hair on the floor than we have dog.

Anyway, speaking of watermelon and pomegranates, here's a photo of...ok, I have no clue what kind of plant this is, but it's red and there is one growing around the corner and down the street. If anyone has an idea, remember that it's ok to let me in on the secret. I always stop to admire this thing whenever I walk past; maybe that's weird, but there's a big fence so the owners can't see me sniffing their garden. I don't even know how to google it: "red flower shrub Australia" doesn't bring much success. (Edit: "red flower looks like a claw" says it is a coral tree! I just think this thing is so pretty. I want 5.)

And now to the point. How are you? Have you got/did you have plans for the day? Are you exercising or resting? Are you eating? No, let me rephrase that, because unless you are prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow or are otherwise ill you had better be eating - what I meant to say was, what's on the menu? Are you working? Are you on holiday? I'm officially on holiday, but I have a chapter due the first day back soooo bah humbug. Housemate is out tonight though, which means I can do as many squat jumps as I want, while swearing and cursing loudly. Another good excuse to not look at this work. So I think I'll go do that.

Thanks for letting me ghost guys, and thanks for checking in with me!

Edited