L

Preworkout mistake!

I am currently lying in a pool of my own sweat after today’s workout. It is a killer. I went hard in the HIIT portion but during the strength section I could tell my body had used up all its carbohydrates and I could not give very much to those strength intervals. As I was trying to figure out why I felt so weak and “not with it” today I realised that is was my preworkout meal that let me down. Usually I eat oatmeal packed with fruit and seeds and that gives me the perfect amount of energy to push through a hard routine, but today I had a skimpy bowl of cereal and it did not suffice! Haha I learnt my lesson, food is fuel.

Although today’s workout gave me another lesson; that it is totally okay to modify! I tend to push though hard workouts even when my body says not to because, you know, pride. But today I actually listened and dropped the weight completely because I knew I wanted to keep going but I did not want to injure myself! Totally glad I made that decision coz I still feel accomplished and I’m still sweating buckets.

Here’s to another #workoutcomplete, how was your workout today?