A bit of news on my injured back !

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about giving a bit of news of my back, and maybe use the opportunity to see if anyone has any advice. As some of you may already know, I injured my upper back while working out in late September.

I saw an osteopath twice, she managed to make the pain less intense but it’s still there.

I saw another osteopath a few weeks ago and she had a pretty pessimistic diagnosis : she said that I indeed need some manipulation to fix my back, but she can’t do it since my back muscles are way too tight. She said she couldn’t believe how tensed my muscles are. So she said I need some massaging to help me release my back muscles tension, and then go back to an osteopath again so she can manipulate my back and fix it. I can’t seem to be able to have an appointment with a PT anytime soon, so I’ll try to book appointments with a masseur (which sucks because PT appointments can be paid by my health insurance while masseurs can’t 🙄).

I haven’t post here in the last couple of weeks because of this news, and especially the osteopath forbidding me to workout is tough on my mental health. I’m trying to do stretching and beginner yoga videos to still get moving a bit and trying to help release my back, but it’s more difficult to find the motivation as it doesn’t bring me the satisfaction and endorphins sweaty workouts do. I have been walking between 30 to 60 mins everyday but now the weather is getting very cold so it’s not as enjoyable as it used to be, these last few days my walks have got shorter and not on a daily basis anymore.

If anyone has had a similar experience and / or as any advice about relaxing muscle tension, I would really love to hear them. I bought a foam roller and tried to use it a bit everyday but it didn’t really work out, it makes my back articulations hurt even more the following day.

I’ve still been lurking on the community page and enjoying reading people’s posts. 🙂 I bought Reach during the sale and can’t wait to be able to exercise a bit to try it !

Thank you for reading this long post, I hope you’re all safe and well. 🤗