Daily Check-in: Monday, November 30th

Hello!

How was your weekend? Are you going fine on this Cyber Monday and start to the week? Jump in here and start sharing and chatting it up with us!

Today I'm starting the fundamentals challenge. It will be a nice change of pace from Fit2. Speaking of which, here were my results of the PFT I did on Friday.

Mile run: Well, I messed up on the time and distance on this, but I feel I performed about the same running for about 10 minutes. Maybe I would've shaved off a minute of the mile time as I did feel I needed less breaks. And a nice note, my knees didn't feel too bad either!

Squats w/weights, 37.5lbs total: 21.

Plank: 2 minute, 6 seconds.

Sit and Reach: Positive 9.75

Full Pushups: 25

Overall, I did better than before Fit2, so I really can't complain! In general, I feel a bit more toned and stronger. Fit2 is a great program and lives up to being challenging and kinda fun--especially with workout buddies. You really do need to commit about an hour a day, but it will give you improved cardio endurance and the results are worth it if you've got the time and energy! My results weren't that major, but still something I'm proud and surprised of. Maybe more so because I never thought I could, so if you're thinking about, just go for it! Remember that you can always modify just about anything. So don't forget that modifying and taking breaks option with whatever workout you've got going on today!

And how about some yummy food to make this day go down smoothly? Think I've got as far as chicken, but we'll see how that evolves later on this afternoon.

Okay, so before I send you out into the world, have a look at some fresh kiwi leaves before a cold snap takes them out. I haven't had too much luck growing these vines as they've never given me flowers or fruit. And they always seem to time their growth wrong by putting out new leaves when the freezing temps are coming, such as tonight. But the fresh leaves are felt like in texture, and heart shaped with a tinge of red. So all in all, a beautiful opener to the week!

So that's how I hope your week starts and stays, Blenders. Beautiful! ..At least, one can only hope. ;)

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***