C

Help! I can't understand what's wrong!

Hello FB family,

I am writing to ask you for some thoughts or advice if any of you have experienced/are experiencing the same issue.

My muscles are constantly tense and hurt, I have a pain in my left glute that can't seem to go away no matter what, my back is ALWAYS tight, especially between the shoulder blades, and I just feel like my muscles don't recover as much as they used to.

I'm 22 and healthy (I hope so!), I used to be extremely active and had zero problems besides a minor injury a few years ago, that healed completely.

When Italy went into lockdown, around March, I started taking contraceptive pills (which I had never taken before) because of hormonal imbalances, and a month later I worked out like crazy and injured my left hamstring. It took months but the hamstring got back to normal, now, however, my bum has something wrong and it just WON'T HEAL. We tried lots of things and nothing helped, it seems like a problem with the gluteus medius but we still are not sure.

My problem is, I just can't seem to recover from anything! All my muscles are either constantly hurting or tense, wherever my physiotherapist touches it hurts, and it's driving me crazy.

Since March I have also been in a CONSTANT state of stress like I have never experienced before, it's been so bad it has brought me to having a breakdown each day a few weeks ago, so I thought maybe it could be stress? But I also considered the pill since I had not had a period for years and now I'm giving hormones to my body that may cause a different balance and affect muscle growth (and it's now not even working as well as it should). But then again, that could be caused by stress.

It's driving me crazy. I'm stressed, the stress affects my body, which stresses me even more, and it's just a never ending circle!

Could it really be stress, or the pill, or have anyone here experienced something like this? Could it be something else?

I eat healthy, sleep 8 hours each day and all, and yet my body is always on the brink.

What's wrong with me? HEEEEELP!