Neck Injury + Holiday Week = 0 Workout Completes!

Hey everyone! This second half of the year I’ve been trying to post about completing programs and to check in with everyone. This week was weird though and I had to really make myself slow down. A few years ago I was in a car wreck that shifted a handful of my vertebrae around. I was able to move past the initial months of pain with massage therapy and building back strength with safe workouts from FB.

Unfortunately, I just have to treat my neck and back differently now. I can’t do any neck stretches or hold back stretches for very long, and apparently I can’t lounge on the sofa in a weird position while binging Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares either. I woke up with a pulled neck that has left me unable to lift or turn my head for about 3 days. Keep in mind I’m a stay at home mom to twin 2 year olds that like to wrestle and be picked up, etc. 😅

I’ve had to force myself to rest this week. I kept trying to talk myself into it, “just do lower body workouts, and do some low impact modifications to that hiit workout” etc...but I was worried that if I hurt myself more I’d risk a more serious injury and I’d really have to take a step back from working out.

I woke up feeling a lot better today, and I’m going to do a 30 minute lower body strength workout and be prepared to quit if I feel any tension. I’ve missed 3 workouts and I’m on my last week of FB Burn round 2. Eventually I will be doing the kickboxing challenge next! Once I know I’m really healed up.

How have you coped with injuries and setbacks? And any advice for me on the kickboxing challenge? Hope everyone is healthy and safe out there!