L
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Getting my gains back! 💪

So here’s the thing, back in September I completed the fbflex+booty combo and I saw the best mass gains ever! (considering I am very petite 4”11). I loved how ‘big’ and strong I felt, it felt like I could handle and take on whatever life threw at me and has been especially helpful when coping with PTSD and finding a way to reconnect with my body and regain a sense of power. Then I had the idea that if I changed my workout plan to train for fat loss, my gains could be more visible. Thus I started FBsweat and.....it’s now the final week and I have lost a lot of my mass which Im quite upset about tbh. I’m persevering though because I do relalise that it is still important to challenge my body in new ways, but it is definitely time to get back on the mass training band wagon.

I have planned to close the year by doing fbflex alternating throughout the week with two intense lower body routines (upper body is my fav and I like to train 5 days only). Every Tuesdays lower body session is a longer more strenuous one (roughly 45mins) and then the second lower body routine on Thursdays is going to be a “fun” one that’s shorter, “bored easily” or has mixed training styles (roughly 30mins) to keep myself entertained whilst training hard. HIIT will appear around once or twice a week for fun. I’ll also close out each week with a recovery day with stretches etc. Of course though, as I’ve learnt from Fitness Blender, I will always be listening to my body and adjusting as necessary. Haha sometimes it takes more of a push to let yourself have a rest day than it does to do the workout (anyone else?) - I will be good to myself and give myself the rest.

This is my first time curating my own workout program (kinda) and I am very much looking forward to seeing how it goes (how it changes my body, how I feel, how I’ll respond in terms of motivation, mood and hunger)

How are you planning on closing out 2020?