This sucks.

So my grandfather passed away yesterday

(Not due to COVID-19 though.)

The thing is he lives (or lived) in a different country on a different continent.

I am also in a different country on a different continent.

So as my parents who are on the opposite side of the world on different continent.

So as my uncle’s family in a different country on a different continent.

No one can go to the funeral.

We need an exemption from quarantine document form during funeral from the consulate or embassy and it is the weekend and nothing is open.

By the time we get a death certificate, proof of family document, funeral plan, self quarantine plan after funeral or flight back home right after funeral everything will be over. We simply cannot be there.

Things sucks is an understatement.

It hurts. I am so sad and angry and feel helpless and speechless.

We even (sarcastically) joked that we cannot die on the weekend from now on.

Where I live they prohibited in person religious services so I need to watch it on YouTube.

What kind of dignity is left really.

I watched short clips or pictures that was sent by other relatives on my computer.

It’s not like missing a birthday party. It’s a funeral and we just don’t have any chance to say goodbye in person.

I tried to see something positive in this sad story.

At least my grandpa had grandma

Next to him whom

He married

For 74 years.

When I called grandma on the phone she was the one who said don’t cry. Everyone dies eventually. Don’t be sad. Enjoy it as much as you can. Be happy. And she smiled.

What a strong woman, my grandma is.

Tears are running down my cheeks and I also have headache from crying too much so please excuse me if I make any grammar mistake or my expression seems odd.

I don’t think I can work out and I honestly won’t work out and eat some comfort food or sweets or whatever. I call my mom twice a day to check on how she is doing as I know that if she will be even more than me

From where she lives there is a flight only once a week and it is already fully booked and they have more strict rules than us and you can only self quarantine in a designated accommodation and it is fully booked until the end of January next year. This is the crazy world we live in.

My husband is working from home until July next year. I guess we are not going anywhere anytime soon any way.

Frustrated? Yes

Angry? Yes

Sad? Yes

But at least my grandpa will be in the heaven with two sons that he lost at young age and he won’t be lonely. At least he can now see the light and doesn’t need to stay in the darkness. He will be able to walk freely and see with his own eyes and enjoy his times with sons that he dearly missed for so long.

I wish you and your family all the happiness and health whoever is reading this random post.