HKS (Healthy, Kind and Support) Accountability Group November 20

Hello Blender friends! I have another bit of wisdom from Sir Terry to share with you this morning.

β€œJust because you can explain it doesn't mean it's not still a miracle.”

― Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

This morning I was again impressed by the small miracle that is my "Christmas cactus". You would not believe the show that such a small plant is putting on for us, while all outside is grey and dreary! My favorite garden blogger, the "Laid back gardener" says we should call this plant the "Thanksgiving cactus", as it naturally blooms around American Thanksgiving. I have seen a few more reflections on gratitude over the last few days, and I really like the idea of the month of November being a month for giving thanks, even if I do live in Canada. So I can start by saying that I am thankful for this little cactus!

Another small miracle in my day was this workout, which is actually *just* what I asked for a couple weeks ago when FB asked us what we want. A warmup, followed by Pilates to get *really* warmed up, and _then_ the HIIT and strength training that my body needs.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-pilates-strength-workout-lower-body-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily

I'm pretty sure it wasn't filmed specifically as a gift for me, but I am thankful even so πŸ˜€

So, on to a good and hopefully productive Friday. Today I will work from home, and take a long lunchtime walk with my husband. πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆ And I will definitely make that sweet-potato chili. Got anything fun coming up on your menu? On your workout calendar? Or are you resting today?

As always, I want to remind all blenders that everyone is always welcome to jump in, join in and add a comment or two, we would love to hear from you.