L
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Sore hands when lifting weights

I have been lifting weights for a while now and I love to lift heavy but I’ve been finding it very frustrating that in particular moves my hands give out on me before the targeted muscle does. For example when I do pullovers it feels like the weight is digging into my palms and my hands cramp up, so I keep having to put down the weight to let my hands rest before I can finish the set, yet my lats have hardly worked ie I need to do more reps/lift heavier. Its mainly annoying because I’ve had to remain at such a low weight for pullovers just so my hands will have less pressure. I realised I needed to ask the community because today was upper body day and I was doing skull crushers and I’d only done 4 reps and my hands were so sore yet my triceps hadn’t even felt a thing. Side note: lower body exercises are usually pain free which is strange...?

If anyone has experienced hand pain during weightlifting and knows of ways to cope/problem solve I would love to hear from you. Any other kind of explanation/general adive would also be greatly appreciated!!