Body Weight Only 2 and FB 30 R4 Complete

I decided to alternate body weight only 2 and FB30 R4 week by week and I recently finished both programs. I hadn't tried either yet and I was a little intimated by BW 2, I thought it might be too hard or challenging for me and I thought I would miss using my weights.

The first challenge was setting up my calendar. Once this was done then I was committed since I had taken the time to schedule the 2 programs alternating weeks (it wasn't that difficult-I am just being dramatic).

I should first say I like variety in general so mixing things up is appealing to me. The 2 programs didn't seem that different to me and I couldn't automatically tell which program I was on based on the workout as BW2 had a few workouts where Kelli or Daniel suggested that we could use weights and one workout did have Daniel using weights and Kelli doing BW only. Conversely a few of the strength workouts in FB 30 R4 were body weight only.

As you could guess by the name of each FB 30 R4 had shorter workouts overall. But BW2 had many days where the workout was 30-40 min and most of the days where it was longer than 30 minutes there was a main workout of around 30min and then an extra credit workout so if you only had 30 minutes to workout you were set.

BW2 helped focus more on my form and alternating it with FB 30 R4 let me use my weights every other week instead of looking at them forlornly for a whole month.

I also added the fundamentals challenge and a yoga class once a week. Overall this was a nice way to finish two programs and a challenge and get some yoga in. Tomorrow I am starting LI R2 . In keeping with my love of variety this programs incorporates Pilates. Also in keeping with my spirit of liking variety I may interrupt LI R2 mid program to do the new Bored Easily Challenge.

Edited