HIIT done for the first time in two months

Hi Blenders,

Wanted to share with you that I did my first HIIT workout in 9 weeks (I used to do HIIT weekly). šŸ„³

I "crashed" in September and tried to take it slow. I've been having problems which affected me both physically and mentally in a big way and was often struggling with my body and even ā€œsimpleā€ things like cycling. A lot of people here on the community have been there in some way or another, Iā€™m sure. (Iā€™ve posted here earlier about my suspicions of having contracted covid in the spring and therefore worrying about after effects which affected my endurance.)

I tried to build up to my usual routine again in October. Because I've been slowly doing better, I tried one of my favorite HIIT videos today: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/ultimate-hiit-workout-for-people-who-get-bored-easily-fat-burning-hiit-cardio-workout

I expected having to take several breaks and do modifications, but it went surprisingly well! Only 1 extra break (after the jumping lunges...) and very few adjustments. I was proud of myself and my body for getting me through this again.

However, this will probably remain a journey where I'll have to take it day by day. I don't necessarily expect to do HIIT weekly again but today was a personal victory and I hope Iā€™ll have fewer off days and more days where I can do a tough workout. Iā€™ve learned that taking it down a notch is just as admirable as completing a hard workout.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!