Giving in to chocolate cravings without the guilt?!?!

This afternoon I really craved chocolate , so I made these:

Pindarotsjes.....

that’s the Dutch word. It literally translates as “peanut rocks”. Google can’t cope with it đŸ€Ș, and one dictionary gives peanut clusters as translation. I guess: “chocolate peanut clusters” comes closest! BTW when I asked Esther about a translation, she came up with..”yummy”!!! Thank you, Esther 🙃

Recipe (and you may have gathered from my replies to Raven’s checkins that I consider myself the world’s worst cook!) so it may not be the most precise:

- melt 100 grammes of 85% (or 72%) dark chocolates au bain marie (a bowl over a pan of boiling/simmering water)

- mix salted peanuts, pine nuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, pistachio nits ( so basically a combination of any nuts you fancy), as to the amount.... no idea

- once the chocolate has melted, stir in the nuts to get a nice, gooey, sticky consistency

- scoop a spoonful (table or teaspoon, depending on your greediness) of the mixture on a tray covered with greaseproof paper so that it makes a tiny “heap”, keep going till the mixture is finished

- put in the fridge for about 30-50 minutes for the chocolate to harden

- take off the tray and put into a tin, will keep for quite a while, unless your chocolate craving is too intense!

Bonus: cleaning (read: licking) all the utensils before putting them in the dishwasher will satisfy your craving before the actual pindarotsjes are ready to be eaten or given away as a present.

I have made these in the past using a combination of unsalted peanuts and salted pretzels. It can also be made with milk or white chocolate, but making it with 85% dark chocolate is healthier, therefore less guilt evoking!

If I can make them, so can you, easier than easy....

ENJOY!!!!

Edited