H

Back at it after back injury!

Today, October 27, I did my first FB workout since injuring my back a month ago! I have been an avid FB user for about 5 years. Usually doing 3-5 FB workouts a week.

On September 28, I was doing FB Quick Sweat Kettlebell and Jump Rope - Strength and Cardio Workout. About halfway through the workout, I had the most intense, sharp, debilitating pain in my lower back. I went down to the floor and couldn’t get up for almost 2 hours, with the assist of others. Went to the ER and had an MRI. I had two herniated discs in my lower back. This was more painful, IMO, than the 3 natural childbirths I had!

Since that day, I have been taking it easy. I started doing walking and gradual core strength exercises. In the last week, I added some light strength training with weights. I’m still in a bit of pain, especially if I’ve been on my feet a lot during the day.

Today, I decided to try and see if I could handle a bit more. I chose Kelly’s 15 Minute Bodyweight Cardio Workout for Fat Burn and Energy Boost. I modified so that I didn’t do any jumping or jarring of my back. And I did it! I completed it and I feel great!

Moral of the story...keep on keeping on doing the best you can with whatever injuries you may encounter. I am thankful for the body I have- flaws, pains and all! Can’t wait to take on more when I’m able!😊