O
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

The science behind physique change

Hi all,

I hope you’re all well.

Can anyone explain to me the science behind physique change.

So, when I first started working out my physique changed quite quickly. I lost body fat and toned up. Despite eating sensibly and continually pushing myself in workouts (by either increasing weight or pushing harder in HIIT) the changes to my physique have really slowed down....why is this?

I don’t want to start eating a silly calorific deficit. I eat healthy clean food but I enjoy food and feel I have a good healthy balance. And I don’t want to workout anymore than I do as it would become overtraining. Is it a case of just accepting any changes to physique are going to be far, far smaller/slower than early on?

I used to finish a fb program and have lost inches and physically look different. Now I will push really hard on a program but the tape measure and photos show very little, if any difference.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t just workout to change my physique but all the other physical and mental benefits so I’m not overly disheartened or anything. I’m just wondering is this the plateau everyone talks about or just a case of keeping it slow and steady?

Thanks for reading. X