B
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Workouts Make Dancing Easier!

Hi everyone!

I recently performed in a dance showcase this weekend, as it was postponed back in May due to COVID-19. I have always been a competitive dancer at a young age and was always in pretty good shape. The past few years though, I've taken up running and strength training on top of the occasional dance recital here and there. With all of those combined, I think my overall fitness has improved. I've also implemented FB's strength and HIIT workouts into my training, which have helped tremendously in making my workouts more dynamic.

I noticed this weekend that there were SO many other dancers dripping in sweat and out of breath after running their 3-4 minute dance piece on stage, while I was breathing heavily but not out of breath or sweating. I am not trying to compare myself to others or put them down in any way, as everyone's fitness levels vary. However, I felt pretty proud of myself for being able to dance hard without getting winded. I used to breath much heavier during performances!

That being said, I wanted to share this because even though you may get better at your own workouts, you might also see improvements in your ability to do everyday tasks (like dancing!). It felt so cool to realize this improvement with my dancing, and wanted to share my "success story" here!