Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Impossibly stubborn belly pooch?

Hi all! I'm 36, 5'1 and 112 lbs. After a year of FitnessBlender and clean eating, I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm fit and healthy and strong and THRILLED with my body, but I have this stupid belly pooch that will NOT go away. It's not bloat and I have defined abs until you get to this annoying little fat packet. I've never had kids and the pooch is pretty infamous in my family so yay, genetics.

I definitely don't want to lose any more weight - I already overshot my 30 lb goal and would actually like to healthily gain back a bit. But short of starving myself, it feels like I've tried everything. Low-carb, sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, nothing gets rid of the pooch.

I do strength training, HIIT, pilates, yoga (I love the FB Burn & FB Fit programs) 5-6 days a week and in the summer I love to bike. I know a perfectly flat stomach is NOT the most important fitness goal, but it's frustrating to work out as hard as I do and eat healthy and still not be able to get the results I want.

Any advice or do I just need to get over it and accept that without surgery I will never have a flat stomach?