“Epic 1000cal” workout ✅ thanks Michelle for organising!

YEP, we did it! Hubby and me did the Epic 1000cal workout this morning. Not bad for “an old man” and “a little old lady”, right?!?!

The hiit was loooooong, but went by surprisingly quickly. I even did the high impact versions, because our downstairs neighbour’s dining room is below our bedroom and I figured he wouldn’t be having dinner at 9 o’clock in the morning.... If he was, bad luck to him 🤪

At the start of the hiit my husband was like: “what?!?! 4 times through, you mean no ABAB....😱, you must be joking!” But we managed fine. I enjoyed the strength portion, although I lifted slightly less in the second round. I definitely liked the abs section, mind you, I loathe side hip raises. But I even got those done nicely with proper form. And: my Roamblender friends can expect to see a lot of these exercises in our next few sessions 😂!

The cooldown was short, but we decided to extend that by going for a dip in the sea. Waves were rather strong with a strong undertow, so only 5 minutes... enough to get me nice and cold again. What a great way to spend our Sunday morning! Book in a cosy chair for the rest of the afternoon, methinks!

Oh and one word of warning... do NOT decide to change the bed linen on the day you do a 1000cal workout. I stripped the beds before the workout, put the linen in the washing machine and did the workout. Yikes, that meant I had to hang up the sheets and make up the beds after the workout 😣 bad idea!

#thanksMichellefororganising

#happytobeafitlittleoldlady

Edited