HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group October 20th

Good Tuesday morning, blenders! Looking forward to reading about your plans for the day, whether you exercise or take a rest day, and what will be on the menu today.

And as a reminder, everyone is always welcome to add a comment or two to this thread. We love to have you join in!

Here’s a thought for today:

“One of the greatest moments in life is realizing that two weeks ago, your body couldn't do what it just did.”

Simply put, our bodies are amazing. And when the mind and body align, it’s incredible what we can do. I am now able to hold a side plank off of my knees for 45 seconds straight. Not that long ago, I would give up after 20-30 seconds. I was determined to get my body to complete the full interval, and it feels amazing to be able to do it. What is one thing that your body can now do that it couldn’t not so long ago?

And I hope that with the exercises and stretches my physiotherapist gave me yesterday, I will be able to push my body even farther. The appointment went well, and I was right in identifying the root causes of my hip pain (new job sitting at a desk all day and overtraining in July). And I had the right idea in buying a foam roller to help relieve tension in the area, but a tennis ball while leaning against a wall will help target very specific areas that need relief. She also showed me a stretch for the entire outer leg that I had never done before, which felt great. The idea is to both strengthen and stretch the muscles of the entire leg, to better support the hips. So I can resume lower body workouts, while doing the series of movements and massages she prescribed. I’ll see her once a week for a few weeks and hopefully I’ll see improvements quickly.

It’ll be another new workout for me today, with dumbbells acting as a kettlebell. And we’ll have some lentil and tomato soup for supper. I’ll make it without curry spice this time, as we weren’t a big fan of it the first time I tried this recipe.

Wishing everyone a great day! 🙂