S

Switched to Barefoot blendering

Made the switch to working out barefoot about 2 months ago and it's helped so much with form and stability. Improving foot and ankle strength, as well as balance, became important when I started training for a 5k. Being barefoot has helped immensely. I recommend it if you're someone considering the option.

At first, I was super wobbly and had to sort of relearn how to stand and jump. I was very worried that I would injure myself during HIIT, since so many people commented about that in other posts. So I slowed down and concentrated on form and foot placement. Now I'm mostly keeping pace with K & D and challenging myself more every day. I think being barefoot actually helps maintain form because wobbling is immediately noticeable if your core isn't engaged or shoulders hunched. There is no shoe to help balance you if your foot is pronating.

I do have carpeting, so I bought an XL equipment mat to have a firmer surface. Slipping was an issue until I added a yoga mat towel. I never tried using just the towel or the yoga mat because felt like that was to much cushion. But it might work for someone else.

Overall, switching to barefoot has been a positive experience and I think it's a keeper.