Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Low-carb diet concerns

Hello Daniel and Kelli and FB community!

I am considering going on a moderate low-carb diet. I carry a lot of fat on my waist, though I’m of a modest size everywhere else, and I read that low-carb diets are very good for redistributing adominal fat. My question is if a sustained low-carb diet would be suitable and provide enough nutrition and energy while being consistent with one of FB’s 5-day a week programs.

For further info, I would say “moderate” level because I get dizzy when I don’t get to eat any carbs at all - I already currently eat quite healthy, a lot of fruit and veggies, and want to cut my carbs down to only 1/2 cup of brown rice and 2 slices of whole wheat bread a day. I’m not interested in calorie counting, just in cutting carbs severely to see if it will help me lose my tummy. I’m a 5’3”, 31YO, weighing in at 132 lb (only about 7 lb off my ideal weight), but have a waistline of 34 - have had since I was a teen - and really want to lose it. Have been doing vigorous exercise for about 2 years now.

Appreciate insights from anyone who’s done low carb while exercising regularly. Thanks!