L

Starting over after pregnancy and chlldbirth

Hello! I am writing this with the hope it help me commit to start over.

I used to do FB workouts 5 times a week 2 years before. It did wonders for me, my body and my mind. After that I started Crossfit which I loved and train at least 3 times a week.

I never was a good eater, but I eat 70% of the time healthy and clean.

Then I got pregnant, and stopped training until the second trimester in which I did Crossfit, but in the third trimester I feel pretty bad to train at all. Even walking was hard.

My baby was born on July 2019. I waited some months to start training again but I felt so weak and exhausted. Then I moved from Argentina to Germany and I was busy so I didn’t train. Then, when my baby was 8 months or so I was excited to start training again, having seen a lot of Youtube videos of mommy and baby training together and having fun. But my son wasn’t so keen of that. He doesn’t like at all when I train at home, want to be picked up and held all the time, so I ended up pausing the videos every 10 minutes which is super frustrating. Training in a gym is not an option right now. He is 14 months now and it hasn’t changed.

I want to start again. I feel super weak. I am also very tired because of breastfeeding and waking up at nights. I also eat really bad, skiping meals, lots of bread and so on, and the bad nourishment is also making me feel weaker.

I am so lost because I use to be very fit and I feel so not like myself. I expected to be back on track sooner but every day I keep saying: tomorrow I will start over and I don’t and I feel like such a failure.

Anyway, I am setting the alarm tonight to wake up before him tomorrow and try to train in the morning. I am sorry for the “feel-sorry-for-myself” kind of post, but I was hoping to get inspired by people who felt out of track and could get back after a while.

Wish me luck 🤞🏼