πŸ‘πŸ» STOP πŸ‘πŸ» BODY πŸ‘πŸ» SHAMING πŸ‘πŸ»

Hello hello FB family!!!!

Incoming rant warning:

This is a bit of a different post but recently I keep seeing/hearing really horrible comments about peoples bodies, not on the FB site because you guys are ✨awesome✨, but it's become more frequent since lockdown has eased.

I know a lot of people had suffered from stress eating since lockdown occurred and when people comment about their weight, how they look, their stretch marks etc it just makes me furious!!!! How can someone say that about an individual!!!!!

Okay, I will be absolutely honest here and say that I myself have gained a few pounds from when lockdown occurred and I'm sure a lot of other people have too. The main reason why is because we weren't as active during that period of time and we were mostly sedentary!!!!! We also had a few more treats than we would during lockdown and I'll happily admit that I did that too! Don't be ashamed of those few pounds you have gained, I just want to tell you that you look absolutely amazing and all our bodies are different! ❀

Now, photoshop......the main cause of these problems 😐. Honestly I just want to give a huge shout out to K&D for not photoshopping any of their photos because it really helps people with body positivity! When you go onto Instagram your feed is just drowned in photoshopped pictures with both their face and body and it's so sad to think that people feel the need to do this to their photos. Please remember that those photos you see have TONS of lighting, many different photographers, a lot of the time influencers will contour their abs to make them more defined and to top it all off, they add a little bit more photoshop to change how their body looks. You will straight away see that these influencers have zero pores, and both men and women will photoshop their chest to look bigger and their waist smaller. Real people have bone structure!!!!!!!!! Real people have pores!!!!!!! Real people have stretch marks!!!!!!!

It's also really upsetting that people skinny shame others. Again, we all have different bone structure and our metabolisms work at different rates! Calling people a stick and telling them they look like they could fly away at any moment is just as bad as telling someone with an extra few pounds that they look like a beach ball. A lot of people who are a little smaller feel insecure about their body because for some dumb reason, body types are treated like trends which is absolutely ridiculous! Apparently women have to be curvy and men have to be muscular and some people can't have a body type like that because their bone structure doesn't allow it!

The moral of this post is just 1) I need to get this rant off of my chest πŸ˜… and 2) I hope this helps some people who feel a little insecure with their body and how they look but the truth is, there is nothing to be ashamed about. As a society I don't think we have done well to raise awareness about body positivity and despite more and more men/women of different body types are able to model clothing for different stores, the world of social media and editors just undo this all by using an INSANE amount of photoshop! Please don't believe what you see in the media about peoples bodies because 90% they are fake and photoshopped and you should NEVER compare yourself to these people. You are beautiful inside and out and you should love your body, not punish it!

Here's a similar rant that K&D made if you haven't seen it before: https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/fitness-blender-rant-fitspiration-body-shaming-photoshop-ryan-gosling-and-body-image

Feel free to share your opinions below too!

Edited