Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Diets and I - A rant

Hello FB family,

I wanted to share what I found out about myself the last two weeks ...

Well, I have to tell you in advance that I completely diched the scale and food tracking and whatever in June 2019. And guess what: My pants still fit and I definately have (had) a healthier relationship with food. I even have had Nutella in my house and just had some when I really wanted a treat. A whole jar lasted 4 month! Let me say this again FOUR MONTH! Not four hours, like it did before. So I can say that I became pretty good in listening to my body. I had more veggies and fruits because I knew I can have sweets or a whole plate of pasta if I want to. So far so good.

Two weeks ago I had this horrible idea to track what I eat. Just to gather "information" and to "improve" my nutrition to maybe increase my protein intake since I want to weight train more. To make it short: I feel bad. In only 10 DAYS I came from "just gathering information without becoming emotional" to "buying a Nutella jar and emptying it 2/3 in 2 days" (this really happened Friday and Saturday). I feel guilty, I feel sad, I want to cry. I'm invited to a friends place today evening for dinner and some wine and I'm close to skipping it because what would My Fitnesspal say ... but no, I will not, don't worry! I really never thought that after one year this would happen again.

So, this was my rant. Thanks for reading, I can't talk to someone, because I have the feeling that other people don't understand this. I feel save here. Thank you.

Edited