Back pain and working out again

Hi everyone !

I haven’t posted here during the last two weeks. The reason for that is that I hurt my back two weeks ago while working out, and I have barely been able to workout since (I only workout twice) because I was scared it could make the pain worse.

It has been very frustrating for me, especially because I don’t think I was overtraining. I was in the middle of doing Low Impact 1, my first program (I am a beginner). I was really enjoying the program, I wasn’t adding any more workouts than what was planned, and I was lifting light, so hurting my back really sounded unfair to me.

I saw an ostheopath twice during these 2 weeks, the first time it did nothing at all, but the second time (which was on Thursday) seemed to help more, and today I’m feeling better (just some light pain that didn’t last long).

The thing is, being forced to stop working out has really been difficult on my mental health. I don’t think I was realizing how much exercising was helping me. My anxiety has came back much stronger than it has in the past few months. It made me realize that working out was really helping my mental health, and it is much more important to me than what it does to my physical health (which is also great as well but not as fundamental for my general well-being and happiness).

Since I’m feeling better, I decided that I will do a workout everyday, even if it’s just some short stretching video, so that I get at least the « me time » effect. And then I saw the new FB challenge that seems perfect for what I need right now, so I decided to schedule it starting tomorrow and canceled what was left of LI1. If I keep seeing improvement on my back pain I’ll add Reach to it. I think that I need to get back to the basis, stay out of ST and Hiit for some time while focusing on form and posture.

Sorry for complaining so much, I know some people here have much more serious issues than I do. Thank you so much to this community for always being so supportive of each others. 🙏

Edited