Weekend Ghost Check-in: Saturday October 3

Hello, Blenders! Welcome to Saturday's check-in. Anne and I are co-ghosting this weekend - so anyone hoping for a breathtaking photo has come to the wrong day. Sorry!

That's not to say there will be no photo. In honour of this check-in, I went rummaging through the camera roll on my phone looking for nature photos. I wasn't feeling particularly hopeful, because... Well, I was going for a walk along the harbour yesterday - beautiful weather, sparkling water, yachts... And I thought, "This would make a stunning photo. I should take a photo." But did I take my phone out of my pocket? No, I did not. That pretty much sums up my attitude to photography.

However! You've already scrolled past the photo, so it will not surprise you to learn that I did in fact find a nature photo on my phone. Nothing obscure here - we have a koala and her baby in a gum tree, accompanied by a blue wren.

I can even provide an interesting fact about koalas: did you know that koalas jump between branches? I had no idea of this until I witnessed it myself last year - previously I thought they never did anything more energetic than chewing.

That seems to have brought us to our main topics of the check-in: exercise and food. So tell me, Blenders, what's the plan for today, in terms of exercise? Is it a lazy day, spent napping in your comfy tree? Or will there be a little bit of jumping here and there thrown in? Or perhaps some piggy-back rides for your children?

Not having a furry, padded bottom (or, to be honest, a tree), I'm skipping the nap today. Instead, I have some physio exercises and a stretching routine lined up.

And meals for today? If you were a koala, it'd be eucalyptus leaves, eucalyptus leaves and just for a treat, eucalyptus leaves. Since you're not a koala, I'd love to hear what's on your menu.

I made chicken noodle soup, but I didn't really register the ingredients while meal planning and didn't realise until I was cooking it that it had no veggies in. So I had to perform some last-minute emergency soup repairs in the form of green things that were not eucalyptus leaves. The lesson there might be that I shouldn't do my meal planning while preoccupied with a million other things - but sometimes that's just how life is and the meal planning still needs to be done.

And here we are at the end of the check-in. I'm looking forward to hearing about your Saturdays around the world.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

👻

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***