FB as part of mental therapy. Thanks, FB

For a few months I've was really struggling with anxiety, depression, procrastination and hating on myself. A lot of it was brought on by the isolation of working at home and the general ugliness of 2020.

My husband and I were planning a 2-week vacation of hiking and backpacking, so I knew I needed to get in shape but had trouble getting started. Instead of looking forward to it, it just caused more anxiety and self-hating.

I finally reached out for counseling and she helped me set some small goals. First just getting out for walks. Then working out twice a week. Then I committed to a 4-week workout schedule with FB. I didn't expect to do it all, just wanted to have something on my calendar for days I felt like doing it.

But as I started, I so looked forward to seeing my friends, Keli and Daniel, and clicking "complete", I found myself showing up each day.

Then I started to feel good about myself for showing up. Then I started seeing a whole week complete and realized I could do this!

At my session yesterday, I told my counselor I was in a MUCH better place. When she asked me what helped - this was one of the reasons.

THANK YOU, Keli, Daniel and all the wonderful FB folks who support it each other.