Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Push-up Group - Week 1: October goal setting

Hello everyone,

This is the first official training day for push-ups.

As you may have seen in Tuesday's post (https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/22444/push-up-group-pushing-your-push-up-game-to-the-next-level) members of this group would like to improve their push ups.

My goal is to be able to do 10 full push-ups (proper form) by Christmas - which is 12 weeks from now.

I am currently able to do 1 full push-up and 5-6 knee push-ups.

For October I hope to practice by doing wall push ups every day.

This is based (but modified for my needs) on a challenge posted on Darebee.com. Now, this is my training plan for October, not the plan for the group. Use it if you want to, but you can also practice using other methods.

Also it is a plan. Nothing more, nothing less than that. I may find I cannot stick to it. So maybe I will change and adjust later on. Skip days. Miss days. It's the thing about plans. They are flexible. My experience is that with a plan, I will get done about 50% of what I am planning to do. Without the plan, I'll get done way less than that.

Make sure to listen to your body, rest, when you need and stay safe and healthy.

So - after all that rambling - what are your push-up practice plans (if any) for October?

Next group check-in will be next Thursday.

Now push!

Edited