Sorry, another post, but pretty proud.... 5k seaswim✅

Sorry that I am posting again on here, but I am pretty chuffed with myself: this morning I swam 5k in the sea, the furthest I have ever swum. My son’s comment: “if I had told you 3 years ago, you would be swimming 5k today, you would have laughed in my face and told me not to be ridiculous!” 🤔 I guess he’s right!

The sea wasn’t quite as flat as they had forecast, esp towards the end I was getting more waves.... which also means swallowing more salt water than I prefer (I prefer not to swallow any 😂).

Hubby dropped me off at the starting point, then took the car to the end point, so I swam in one direction only. I was swimming parallel to the shore, with my phone in my towfloat and hubby as a shore walker, so I felt pretty safe. Mind you, that didn't stop me swimming into a fishing net, which was difficult to see because of low visibility of the water 😀 Hubby had coffee ready and waiting for me as I got out as well as my very warm Dryrobe, a very thick toweling robe. I had to walk up a steep path to get where the car was parked, but then it was straight home and into a long very hot shower! And with three sweaters on, I warmed up pretty quickly.

It took me well over two hours, so my arms are quite sore to say the least, but I am happily relaxing in the bay window now! Super rest day tomorrow, That's for sure!!!

5k seaswim ✅

Edited