Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

September + Starting a Challenge + October Goals

Good morning :)

I'm sharing my September calendar a little early because I know that this week is going to get increasingly hectic and otherwise I'll forget.

This month is made up of mostly custom workouts - many of which have been heavy yard work, house painting, or playing in the gardens. Even - and especially - with all of the somewhat random, or non-strategic activity, I'm still making time for my favorite "boring but important" routines. Those supplemental, basic workouts are what are allowing me to lift heavy things, traverse all kinds of surfaces, and generally push my body harder than I have been able to in the past few years, without pain. Without pain!!! It has been years in the making but I am so excited about where I am now. Feeling grateful that in an otherwise very tough year, I have this bright spot to lean into and be thankful for.

My goal for October: I am going to do the 2 Week Fundamentals Challenge that launches on Thursday. I thought about adding the Strong Challenge in there too but decided to leave myself an easy goal to hit (plus I'll be filming a lot, anyways).

I want to focus on keeping my basic/foundation workouts, but I also want to start gently pushing my current comfort zones on cardio/HIIT. I have a goal of filming a HIIT workout in October. Doing a workout in my own personal space/time & working out in front of the camera while instructing are two totally different animals, but I think I can do it. In October, I also want to add dumbbells back into my actual workouts since so much of what I've been doing has been bodyweight only.

It will again be a full, active month, so I will need to do everything I can (good nutrition, stress management, sleep, finding little pockets of joy/rest where I can, etc) to make sure that I can keep up.

What are your goals for October? Remember the acronym & components of a SMART goal: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely. I especially recommend focusing on making your goals achievable/realistic, as knocking down those easier goals set you up with the motivation to knock down the next. They build self efficacy, which is important and has benefits far beyond your workout sessions.

Have any of you tried the new active stretching workout yet? Also, don't forget that there is a new FB Plus feature launching later this morning!

Hope you all have a great day!

Kelli