Weekend Guest Check-in: September 26th

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Blenders, depending on what hemisphere you’re in! This is your friendly northern hemisphere “ghost” (guest host, if you’re new!), Coby, taking over the check-in this weekend!

Let’s start off with a pretty picture for this Saturday. It’s from a hike that my husband and son went on last weekend. It’s a 7 mile (one way) hike that ends at an elevation of 10,500 feet. They trained for it for several weeks before conquering the mountain, which is on the other side of town from where we live. Normally when you hike this mountain, if you’re not hiking back down you ride a tram car to get down. Because of COVID the tram cars aren’t running, so I drove up the mountain to pick them up and take them back to our other car. I saw some deer along the way, some fall foliage...all that to say, this mountain is a beautiful beast!

But what beast of a workout are you up to today? A roaring lion type workout? A housecat on the prowl? Or maybe a housecat sleeping lazily in a sunny window is more your speed? Which metaphor works best for your workout - or lack thereof - today? I think I’m going to be the housecat in a sunny window! Rest day, all day!

No matter what kind of cat you are today, you have to eat? So what kind of kibble - er, food - is on the menu today? I love to cook, and I love to eat, so let me hear all about your food! I’m thinking we’ll have a Greek salad with chicken, and I might try my hand at making homemade pita bread!

Well, that’s enough out of me! I truly hope you have a wonderful day! I’m headed to my sunny window to purr and flick my tail and dream kitty dreams!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***