Back into FB Abs after a mental health break.

Hey guys,

Just checking in, started back on Monday into working out after giving myself a much-needed 1 week break. I suffer from anxiety attacks and have been having a really rough time lately. This year has been REALLY triggering for me and I just needed a break. I had a 2 week period (one of those weeks which I took off from working out) where I didn't have a panic attack and I felt good enough to get back into my final week of Abs R2.

On Monday, my 1st day back on the calendar, I had an anxiety attack right before I left work and I was supposed to workout when I got home. It lasted about 30 minutes and by the time I got home I felt like I got hit by a bus. My adrenal system was just fried- and I just wanted to go to sleep. I let myself lay in bed with the cat for a bit, until I felt normal again. And then I decided that I'm not going to let my anxiety attack get the better of me.

I got up and worked out- taking it easy of course and allowing my body to tell me what it needed. I was actually able to do a lot. And I felt SO good afterward. It never ceases to amaze me how much working out is beneficial for my mental health, not just physically. It reminds me how strong I am and gets the good brain chemicals going. I felt so much more relaxed. And had a good cry afterward in the full body stretch, just let myself feel my fears surrounding my anxiety and made an appointment with a therapist to work through this.

Ahh... exhale. Working out really allows me to clear my head and figure out what I'm needing. Thanks for being a supportive community where I feel comfortable being vulnerable and sharing my struggles. BIG HUGE hugs to everyone going thru anxiety, you're not alone.

Edited