Lifestyle Change: Day 139

I can’t believe my new life started just a little over 4 months ago, on May 5th.

I continue to see both scale and nonscale victories.

—————

Yesterday’s nonscale victory was being able to do ski squat regular squat hops.

I can do jumpsquats and jumping lunges no problem, but jumping jacks or anything lateral? 😬 I’m just thankful no one is filming, because I’m sure there’d be a YouTube moment. 🤣

—————

I wasn’t into high-intensity exercise this last week because of the smoke (and what may be the start of bronchitis), so I begrudgingly swapped the routines for Bodyweight, choosing low-impact.

I’m so glad I took things down a notch; the break actually did me good.

Yesterday, I was (mostly) full-steam ahead! 😁

—————

Also, it was absolutely beautiful out. No smoke, wonderful air quality, and wildlife (the deer came back). 💕

—————

A funny thing happened yesterday during the main workout (well, I thought it was funny).

About every 30 seconds, I would hear a cat cry. It was like clockwork. Of course, we have 5 cats (🥰), so I kept trying to figure out who wanted my attention.

Since they all have their different meows, I narrowed it down to Brindle.

I kept thinking Brindle had found a mouse, (she doesn’t harm them), but when I looked in her direction, she was sound asleep.

It took me the entire routine to figure out that the meow I kept hearing was in fact the tone Kelli had chosen for the end of the intervals.

Thanks a lot, Kelli. While I was worried about my sanity, the cats were questioning why they adopted me. 😹

Edited