S

How to challenge myself with LBS and bad knees?

Hey all

Hope you are having a good week so far with all that's going on.

So, I am doing Strong which so far I love. My issue is that my knees prevent me from lifting as heavy as I would like for LBS. I can do most moves now squats are fine and I can add weight, reverse lunges are OK but my ROM is still quite shallow and I use BW. Forward lunges are a no and side lunges are still shallow and BW.

All of which is OK and part of the process for me. But, it does mean I don't feel I can get that real burn out on leg day. It is so annoying! of course I need to ensure I have top from and protect my joints but after a UBS session I will serious DOM's but I am never really satisfyingly sore after LB and I assume this is why.

I know there is no magic wand but has anyone else experienced this? any ideas or tips? I wonder if I should add in some pilates as that does not bother my knees. Today I had a session I should have loved but it had so many combo moves and lunge/ squat variations I ended up dropping my weights and halving the reps, felt a bit of a failure afterwards.

All thoughts gratefully received!