Pointing Your Toes vs. Flexing Your Foot

Hey FitnessBlender Family!

How are you all? I hope you guys are doing well as can be even though I'm aware alot of you are having difficult times right now.

I wondering about the difference between pointing your feet and flexing your feet when doing pilates exercises like kneeling legs lifts or side leg lifts, etc. I know a lot of trainers and Kelli always say to point your toes. I don't know if it's a force of habit dancer kind of thing because some other people I workout with on YouTube were dancers and point their toes during these exercises. One thing I noticed for me I don't know if it's the same for everyone but when I'm doing pilates I ALWAYS keep my feet flexed when doing these moves. I find it makes the move harder and I can actually feel it more in my legs, thighs and glutes. Plus, your calves get an extra workout too. Yet, when I point my toes I don't feel it as much and I do flex my muscles as much as I can but I just don't feel it as much as when I flex my foot.

Basically my questions are, is there a big difference in whether you point your toes or flex your foot? Is one more effective than the other? Does it not matter and you'll get the same results and burn either way and I'm just being weird about it? Is it different for everybody meaning one way works for some and the other works for others? Although that last question I already answered myself since flexing my foot does more for me. I was just curious and just wanted more information on it. Thank you in advance!

Have a Blessed day/afternoon/evening/night guys!