Back on the road...

I’ve always been running-curious and injury prone, so I’d have a short relationship with running, get myself almost to a 5k, and injure myself.

The last injury was plantar fasciitis that took 9 months of physical therapy to heal. That was about 4 years ago.

Meanwhile, I’ve built up my little home gym and been really focused on strength training, which has been so beneficial to just about every aspect of my life.

With the pandemic and the feeling of being somewhat housebound and living in a city where access to nature is a bit limited, I’d been getting the itch to get out and run again.

I bought a new pair of shoes and started hitting the road with run/walk intervals a few weeks ago and it’s been going really great so far. A lot of the types of discomfort I used to feel on my runs in the past are just not bothering me. I really think the strength training has made a huge difference.

It’s really neat because I never thought I’d run again and I’d convinced myself I didn’t really want to. But it’s so great to pop on my sneaks (and my mask!!!) and get out with the grass, trees, (pavement, and traffic) and enjoy a little urban adventure a couple times a week... pain free!

Edited