Turning 30 - asking for advice

Hi everyone,

Today is the day I've been dreading for... well, probably since my early twenties? I turn 30 today.

Since I'm not in a good place right now, and haven't been for quite a while, it's even more a day that makes me think (and I think way too much already!). This past weekend it hit me that I actually might be suffering from a depression. Not a crippling one where you can't get out of bed, but one which is always slumbering, which makes you feel ungrateful because you can't seem to get much joy out of things. Which makes you upset because you don't really care for things that "should" interest you.

Anyway, this is a more depressing post than I anticipated. I know I should be grateful for turning 30, because not everyone gets the chance, but I just don't have much energy to turn my negative energy into positive one, you know? I never had Big Goals I wanted to reach by the time I was 30, but my life is in many aspects not how I want it to be. I know you can’t control everything – I certainly learned this the past decade and I’m not looking for perfection, I just want a bit of inner peace and not go about my life with stomach aches from stressing out all the time. When I was in my early to mid-twenties, I was hopeful, but the last few years have pretty much taken that hope away.

For the Blenders who are 30+ I'd like to ask, how was turning 30 for you? Have you learned anything you'd like to tell your 29-year-old self?

I would love to hear your take on this. Thanks for reading.