Challenging Myself : WO8 "Lower 21/15/9 Full" (aka "The Because-Workout)

Hi everyone ! Hope you're all doing well.

Like yesterday's, I've already done today's workout last year, but not since November. So, I thought it will be nice to see how far 4 weeks of Burn and last week have improve my endurance from the weakness of the first 7 months of this year. Well, it was the aim, the end result is quite mixed.

Today's song : (Today I needed extra motivation so here comes my all time fav song from my all time fav band) Ghost Love Score by Nightwish.

WU : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/wake-up-call-cardio-workout-calorie-burning-warm-up-cardio-for-energy (because I don't have time for a longer warm up)

Main : Strength lower 21/15/9

1/ Forward Lunges - 1 leg = 1 rep (because I'm lazy)

2/ Jump squats, with no weights (because I like my knees)

3/ Steps ups, obviously with weights (because it's a good training for climbing on those rocks)

4/ Burpees, obvisouly with no weights (because I love burpees, don't know if I mentioned that already some time before but I love Burpees, I truely love 'em)

5/ Deadlifts (because it helps to pick up your cat when he's too lazy to walk and miaow until you come pick him up to carry him where he wants to go because my cat is a tyrant)

6/ Squats (because I'm stupid... and too lazy to think of an exercise to replace them)

7/ High knees hold again with no weights (because cardio)

8/ Sumo squat + ski squat + calf raises = 1 rep (because I hate myself... also I'm stupid)

9/ Rear Lunges 1 leg = 1 rep (because today my balance is too poor to do the usual curtsy lunges ... also I'm lazy... and stupid... a bit less stupid... but still stupid...)

10/ Bridges (because this workout is litteraly a pain in the...)

3 rounds (21 rep then 15 then 9 because it's in the name of the workout)

3 rules : 1/ Perfect form (kinda) or no rep (kinda) because I don't want to get injured because it sucks to be injured, you can't workout and you keep eating, so you're getting fat, then you're depressed because you ruined your results, and you try to workout again but it's harder because you lost the rythm and you got fat ; 2/ one set of dumbells for all exercises (because it's already 450 reps long and I don't have powerblocks because i'm too poor), except for exercises done with no dumbells (because it would be stupid and I'm not that stupid) ; 3 / Move as fast as possible (except today because I'm lazy... and a bit sick) without sacrificing form

CD : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/fast-5-minute-cool-down-and-stretching-workout-for-busy-people (because I'm done)

#becauseworkoutcomplete

I slept all night but a really poor quality sleep. Woke up at 5:30 am, already tired, felt a bit sick during the day, the kind of day you wish you didn't leave your bed the morning. No motivation to workout today, it took forever for me to begin (well just one hour but it felt like eternity).

Finally moved my butt, but at a slower pace. so much for pushing myself to see how I have improved these past weeks. There are days like these... Best part was the end because it was done, and also the burpees (because I love burpees, don't know if I already said it but I really love burpees). Worst part, the start of the 1st round

with the lack of motivation, the numbness. Push through it and it become more comfortable. 2nd round was ok today, not great, but less complicated than usual. Was depleted by the start of the 3rd round so moved even slower with just the aim to finish. Moved faster in the last 4 exercises to completely deplete myself before the CD.

Seriously, I enjoy that one very much. I designed and started it in Setember last year as a ritual for my lower body, like yesterday's for my upper body. Today was just a bit more complicated. But although, I am fooling around in this recap, I didn't torture myself to do it, I push myself to get moving because I'm the kind of guy to find excuses for not moving.

I already kinda did the overall section here so won't repeat myself (because I'm too lazy... and tired). And, if you didn't noticed until now, I'm a bit in the middle of a mental breakdown.

Feel free to comment, share your thoughts, say hello to your loved ones (even if they don't read this), well, say whatever you want the world to know (because it's a free world, at least for now, so let's enjoy it while we can because there's still 16-ish weeks until 2021, who knows what's going to happen in the worst year of the century - until now (because I'm also a bit moody because another metal concert has just been canceled... so I cut my hair because what's the point if I can't headbang on live music... :( )).

Have a nice day/evening/night/workout/nap/whatever you're doing today :)

PS : also have to install my glucose monitor (because thanks Lynna :D). Still more work to do.... I know it takes only 2 minutes...but 2 minutes.... (because today I like to complain about pretty much everything because I'm French)

PPS : Because excuse me for the "rant"