Challenging Myself : WO7 "Upper 21/15/9 full"

Hi Everyone ! Hope you're doing well.

Brand new day, brand new week, brand new way to write these recap. Usually, I write them after the workout, the shower and the snack, but, today, my blood sugar level is low so I had to refuel BEFORE the workout and I'm angry.... So while waiting for my blood sugar to be good enough to workout, I decided to start typing. 450 reps is what is on the menu today.

Today's song : Jake to the bone by Toto (killer track, awesome musicianship)

Wu : Independent

Main : Upper 21/15/9 Full version

Full burpees (aka chest-to-ground burpee - with jump on top) - I LOVE 'EM BURPEES!!!

Bentover close row

Triceps dips

Alternate chest press (in table top position) + opposite leg extension (each = 1 rep)

Biceps curls

Shrugs

Chest fly

(now let's destroy these shoulders)

Shoulders press

Lateral + ventral raises = 1 rep

Push ups

3 rounds (21 rep/15/9)

3 rules : 1/ Perfect form or no rep 2/ one set of dumbells + 1 lighter for the raises - because I'm challenging myself, not killing myself 3/moving as fast as possible without compromising form and efficiency (especially no jerking, no momentum with the weights)

CD : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-active-stretch-workout-arms-shoulder-chest-and-back-stretching-exercises

(See ya at the end of the workout !)

So workout complete. To be fair, I' had already done this one 2 or 3 tiimes the past year but it was the first time since I've been sidelined from January 1st to end of July. I'm a bit slowler now but not that much (I'm not the fittest guy either, so...). Best part of today's workout was the Daniel's haircut during the CD (epic tuff of hair dude XD)

Worst part was the start. during the warm up I felt a bit tired and unfocused. Test my blood sugar, it was low so I refueled. By the time I started the burpees, I had cool down a bit so, well... wasn't smart. 2nd round is always a bit harder for me, so I was expecting that. My shoulders kept me from rushing through the last exercises in 3rd round, like I used to while doing 21/15/9.

Good workout. Got my heart rate up on these burpees to maintain more or less during the round. Great sweat, tired muscles. Felt good.

Overall

Bit frustrated today. Not only my blood sugar level played tricks on me before the workout, my blood sugar sensor, sorry don't know the translation in english, is moving while working out, risking to fall, which it's not suposed to do. So I lost time and energy readjusting it during my WO. Moreover, For 2 weeks, my blood sugar level has been rising sharply on the evening and I don't know why as I went back to my normal diet after my sister's visit. Being diabetic sucks some days (in fact everyday, but some days more than others).

On a side note, I have booked an appointment with my hairdresser. I haven't cut my hair since the start of the stay at home order, and it was in early march. Not related to Daniel's tuff of hair, I booked it several hours before. (Surprinsingly enough this awesome dude on the pics near my name isn't me, I just find the photo funny :D). It's still definitely time for a haircut. :)

Update : Actually I think the sensor is broken. I should go to the pharmacist tomorrow to get another one. It's not like I'm limited to 2 per months and that I'm 10 days early for the new one.... :(

Edited