HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group September 6th

So it is Sunday and my 7 days of hosting come to an end. Chrsitmene will take the helm starting tomorrow and she will do a wonderful job of keeping everyone together and posting.

So I end my stint as host with a quote and a story of a more personal nature.

“Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.“ Steve Maraboli

As many of you know, I started a journey to better health in June 2019, which included a journey to weight loss. I have been overweight or obese my entire adult life and I knew that it had to change in order for me to be able to enjoy a healthy second half of my life.

Time and time again I had tried to lose weight in the past and failed. I was so focused on the scale that as soon as the number stalled or the loss slowed down, I would get discouraged and go back to my old, unhealthy ways, gaining back even more weight.

Then something clicked last year. I realized after about two months into this journey that I was losing weight slowly (but surely) and I decided to switch my focus away from the scale. I knew that I had to measure my success in other ways if I didn’t want to revert to old patterns again. So I measured my success by how many workouts I completed in a week. By how many days I ate in a healthy manner. By how much weight I could lift.

And that shift in thinking, in not putting all my hopes and goals on a number on the scale, really has made all the difference in the world to me. Even if the scale doesn’t always move, I am ALWAYS successful because I am taking care or my body and because I no longer let a number on a scale define my worth.

Tell yourself “I am worth it” today and every day, and enjoy your Self-Care Sunday blenders!