Challenging Myself : WO6 "Piano black"

Hi everyone ! Hope you're all doing well and that you're having a great week end so far.

Today's been a relaxing day. Here's what I did (spoiler : not much).

Today's song : White Waters by Epica

Workout : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/3-day-flexibility-challenge-day-1-fluid-full-body-stretches-for-flexibility-and-stress-relief

Today's workout felt very good. Surprisingly enough, I am not too sore from yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I have a funny walk, I' m sore, particularly my upper back and my hamstrings but I have felt worse in my life. I limited my range of movement, extra careful to the signals my body was sending to me. My right side felt a bit stiffer and my shoulders seemed to be a little tired. But overall, I'm feeling well.

This is the kind of routine I neglected for years. Too calm. Too slow. I often skip them when doing a program, i admit. Excuses come to me so easily to justify not doing them. But, as I get older, I find the stretching routines, like the warm ups, more and more important.

When I was younger, and I think I'm not alone, I just jumped into a "workout" with no problem. Some days, like yesterday, I would take an extra warm up just to prepare my muscle for the efforts they will have to give. Over the time, it's starting to be the same with cool down and stretches.

I saw a video of the wrestler Daniel Bryan a few months ago that was very interesting. Not only he was a good coach and gave useful tips, but he also said that he spend, on average, an hour and a half in the gym but its actual workout was only 30 minutes, 45 at best. But, being 40 now, and with the injuries he sustained in his carreer and the schedule of the wrestling shows, he had too do warmp ups and cool downs as long as the workout, even longer some day, to preserve his body and maintain his flexibility.

That's what made me think about paying a bit more attention to the stretching routine. After all, I'm closing in to the 40s as well. I still am a bit reluctant before, but I enjoy doing them and I feel good after.

Overall

After 2 nights with about 4 hours of sleep, I finally slept very well. I also took a good nap this afternoon, so I'm feeling well rested. I had some hard times yesterday because of a bad dream that I understood too well. It affected me during all the morning. I'm in a better mood today and the workout was perfect for stress relieving.

I stayed mostly in the dark today, letting just a bit of daylight come in throught the shutters. It appease me and ut's a good rest formy eyes.

My body feels warm, my mind is light. I will now just chill for the rest of the evening, listening to music while reading a bit.

I won't post tomorrow, as it's a complete rest day. I will do nothing more intense than a short walk and, probably, another stretching routine.

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below, if you'd like. I am curious to know if you like this kind of routine and do them oftenly, particularly when following a program.

Have a nice day !

Edited