My Blenderversary!

My dear Blendfriends, it’s been over a year now since you welcomed me into this fabulous Community. 😁🤗 That means, I’m OVER A YEAR into my fitness journey – yeeeey – and this is a REMINDER to myself that I’m still here! 🥂 Still trying! And also, that every small step counts – EVERY! 👍

Back then, I was lurking around FB Page and wasn’t sure what Community is, so I started to read posts here and there. At the same time, I was so AFRAID I’ll receive a warning to stop it! 🤔😅 However, that never happened and I only came after seeing how NICE people in the Community are. My introduction was well received and so I stayed. I LOVE YOU, Blendfriends! 😍

If you’re getting ready to kick-start your journey into fitness, there’s probably a little voice in the back of your head giving you doubts. 🙄The voice might make you wonder if you can really do this—are you really prepared? Do you really know what you’re doing? Will you really see success? Very often, these doubts simply come from the fact that you don’t have experience with what you’re about to do and are worried there’s too much you don’t know...

I'll let those voices be silent now, as I had enough of bad news and feelings for a while to come. I'll move forward with a positive focus! 😉

Well, I had a very good start, then I plateaued for a long time. 🙄 When I look at my pics, it is clearly not so bad. As I didn’t change my diet for the better, my pics are relying solely on the exercising department. The main difference being the loss of muscle tone. I look pretty much the same, but when I have an exercise routine and I stick to it – I have a firm body, although just slightly overweight. Without movement, my belly is loosened up and bloated, love handles are visible, my legs are not as toned, and don’t let me even start on my arms. 😵😅

In the last couple of weeks, I even gained some “original” weight back, due to overeating and not exercising. And yet somehow, I still feel happy! 😉😊

I’ll celebrate my Blenderversary and my commitment to life changes with finally making the one I was avoiding so far – I will try to get a grip on my nutrition. I already saw what happens if I’m not paying attention, now I wanna see what happens when I do (naturally, chocolate stays🤤).

I’ll also celebrate my new friendships here 🤗 by sharing some of the lessons I learned or been reminded of while being part of the FB Community. Hopefully, they can help someone as all of you helped me. Thank you. 🤗

1. THERE WILL BE DAYS YOU JUST DON’T WANT TO WORK OUT and that is perfectly fine. You won’t always be motivated. Inspiration comes and goes, and that’s completely normal. Embrace it. You really cannot expect motivation to carry you through this journey. You need to trust the process and know that if you keep putting one foot in front of the other, results will eventually come. 👍

2. FINDING YOUR “INNER REASON” IS KEY, because that’s what got you here in the first place. There’s nothing wrong with having a ‘vanity’ goals, trust me - we all have them. 😉 However, those reasons won’t stand the test of time.

3. PROGRESS WON’T ALWAYS BE LINEAR, due to many factors. You’ll progress much faster at certain times than others and vice versa. That is natural. Don’t give up. Learn the difference between slow progress and stagnation/plateau. 🧐

4. REST IS THE MUST! It’s easy to get caught up in the euphoria of a new workout routine, especially when you’re getting visible /measurable results. But if you don’t allow your body the rest it needs - it will result in slowed progress, burnout, illness, or injury. 🤕🥺 Rest is a vital component in the process of getting fitter. Learn this now or you’ll be forced to learn it later when you’re sidelined due to fatigue or injury. The choice is yours.

5. MIXING IT UP IS IMPORTANT. With FB, I learned that changing the focus of your routines will not only keep you more mentally interested but also give your body a break from the repetitive nature of the exercise you’re doing. Over the long run, a very smart idea.👌

6. COMPARISONS WILL NEVER HELP. You are your own worst enemy. Don’t pay attention to others. This is your journey, so the only person you need to worry about is - yourself. 👈 read that again...

7. SEEKING ASSISTANCE WILL HELP. Don’t be afraid to ask others for support. Benefit from the experience of others. 👱‍♀️👵👦 It can be fitness related or you can share intimate thoughts, fears… Don’t be shy or embarrassed about it, we all had our “silly” questions.😅 Reach out and you’ll be glad you did, as was I. My very first online buddies got me through the toughest Program here. 💪😊

8. DON’T TRY TO OVERHAUL YOUR LIFE OVERNIGHT. Instead, focus on making one small change at a time. A little progress each day, a little change here and there add up. Over time, they will add up to huge results. 👍

9. ENJOY IT! 😁 If you don’t have fun during your workout, you’re unlikely to stick with it over the long haul. There are plenty of ways to get fit, so choose one that you’ll look forward to doing. When you enjoy the activity, it won’t feel like work that much and you’ll naturally want to exercise regularly.

10. DON’T BE AFRAID TO BE A BEGINNER. 🤗 Even if it takes multiple tries, don’t be afraid to start. As a beginner, you’re forming the foundation upon which you’ll view fitness, and everything involved with it. Make sure your foundation is a positive one. 😊

You’re always one decision away from a totally different life. Stop making excuses. Make time. Don’t give up.

At the end of the day, there is only ONE question you need to be asking yourself – are you BETTER THAN you were YESTERDAY?

Edited