O
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Help please lovely people! Any powerblock geniuses out there that can unfrazzle my brain?!

Hi there lovely folks!

So I’m going to take the plunge and purchase some powerblocks. I’ve been researching all day and am totally overwhelmed with which I should get. Available to me is the pro 32 and the sport 90 stage 1 exp....I have no idea which is the better to get and they’re such a lot of money I don’t want to get it wrong!!

I’m 38 years old, 5’5, no idea what my weight is but I’m a UK size 10 if that helps and fit and healthy. Currently my heaviest lift is a deadlift at about 28lb per hand (22lb per hand for squats but that HURTS! 😂) Upper body like most people I need much lighter and smaller increments.

My aim is to stay fit, healthy, strong and toned. I’d like to tone much more on my upper body if possible but lower body I’m probably as toned as I’m going to get (my large booty is not going anywhere! 😂🙄). I appreciate if I got the pro32 it would only have one more increment till it reaches full capacity but I’m guessing this will only really impact me with deadlifts. I may, a few years down the line be able to lift a lot heavier but I guess I could always add wrist weights(?) -

I’m really confused particularly with the sport 90 stage 1 what the increments specifically are. I know stage one is 5-50lb but I don’t know how this moves up incrementally. I’ve seen a lot of people advising to really check increments as on some models the jump is just too big for certain moves (particularly upper body). I also think this model has adder weights in (not sure if pro32 does?!?) but I’m unsure exactly what these do! No where can I see the specific incremental jumps of this model so I don’t know how much you can “fine tune” them.

I’m basically very confused after all my research. I have no idea if I would ever be able to lift anywhere near 50lb per hand or whether that’s realistically too much for my needs anyway.

They are obviously both expensive models (the sport 90) more so. I feel slightly sick at spending this much money, particularly for the sport 90. I’m scared of making the wrong decision as I really do want them to last me years. I know Kelli uses the pro 32 so part of me feels this would suit my needs as well if it works for her, but I’m worried later down the line I’d regret it and need bigger weights....having said that I’m not sure I’ll ever lift much more than this (certainly don’t think I’m going to get particularly near 50lb) so what’s the point of buying the more expensive model (which I’m assuming doesn’t have such fine tuned increments so may not suit upper body as well).....I have no idea!

I have waffled, sorry! My head is frazzled! I’m really hoping their are some lovely blenders out their that are way more savvy with powerblocks than me that could give me the dumbed down version of these models and based on what I’ve said offer some advice and guidance before I remortgage the house to buy some! Feeling slightly queezy at the thought!

Apologies for my rambling! I’m finding the whole process a bit stress inducing. I’m not good spending so much money or making choices (particularly that involve money) so this is a bad combo for me!! 😂😂😂

Edit*** I should probably add that I have agonised with my husband about this (poor bloke!)...he is not a blender and is In no way a Dumbell expert but he thought the 32s were probably best...he suggested I could always add wrist weights if really necessary and thought it was highly unlikely I would ever go much beyond the 32lb on most lifts without starting to get into insane heavy lifting which isn’t really my aim. Worst case sell them on in a few years and recoup.

Edited