Challenging Myself : WO3 "Upper 21/15/9 - short"

Hi everyone ! Hope you all doing well.

Today, the sun is here and the weather is perfect, not too warm, just perfect. Unlike yesterday, my day was relaxing. I even managed to listen to some new music. So I took on today's workout with an excellent state of mind, knowing that I would go out a bit, which I do less frequently these days, being at risk regarding the covid. Well so, how did it go, you may ask ?

Today's song : Crimson Uproar by Suite Clarity

WU : independent running and upper body warm up.

Main :

3 kms run (roughly 1.9 miles) just to get these legs moving.

Full burpees (chest to ground + jump on top)

Bent over close row

Triceps dips

Alternating Chest Press with opposite leg extension

Biceps curls

Table top pull overs (only 1 dumbells)

Arnold Press

3 rounds (21 rep, then 15, then 9)

3 rules : 1/ Perfect form or it's a no rep ; 2/ Only one set of dumbells for all exercises (except pull overs because It's "Challenging myself", not "Injuring myself") 3/ Move fast, without compromising form or using momentum, to maintain the heart rate high and exhaust the muscles.

Burnout round : push ups to failure (done 12)

CD : independent

Felt pretty good today despite a lack of sleep (slept only 4 hours). My legs are still a bit sore so the run was a bit painful but fortunately short. The first round of full burpees were also a bit harsh due to the legs soreness, but I'm used to do 21/15/9 with the first 5 exercises so I managed to push through at a reasonable pace for my strength and fitness.

The worst part was the Arnold. I don't do them often, only when they're featured in a FB video and it's always a struggle. I slowed down and broke the rep in short series of 7 and 5 in the first 2 rounds respectevely, then went unbroken on the last series.

I'm really happy about 2 things. First 0 no rep, it's the first time it happen so I'm pretty satisfied of the hard work done recently. Second, 12 push ups is a good number for me in a burnout round, not too high, not too low.

It has been a good workout, not crazy challenging but effective to target the upper body.

Overall

I feel a bit sore but not too much and in a good way. I feel good both physically and mentally for now. However, I noticed that I didn't watch my diet carefully the last few days. I need to get back on track on that aspect.

Tomorrow will be a light day, workout wise, to let my body recover before Friday's workout which is going to be brutal. Not gonna lie to you, I expect it to be one of the hardest.

I expect to struggle more with my emotions tomorrow, as I've got an appointment to check if my retinopathy has evolved. I fear that the results won't be good as I noticed some details which make me think it has worsen. Oh hello Anxiety ! Didn't miss you, but, well, come on in and have a seat. I'll try not to fixate too much on it, as there's nothing I can do for now. Next : eat, play poker a bit, read, sleep. Peaceful day, no stress.

As always, feel free to comment everything you'd like to share. :)

Have a nice day !