I am back (?)

(warning: little bit of rumbling below) 

It's been a long time I contributed here (except for weekly Giveaway). Lots happened, mainly bad.After a forced five weeks pause from any kind of HIIT, cardio and lower strength training I am starting tomorrow again (slowly, gently, but persistently) . 

Well, yoga happened. I fell in love with it. Absolutely.  My goal was to improve flexibility. It was never bad, just the opposite ( I was able to do a split and I was aiming at a middle split and handstand). However, during the three legged dog I heard a terrible sound (like two stones crashing together, coming from the hip joint, probably.)

There was no pain, first.  And after that, I felt the pain only when I was walking uphill (even a small one) somewhere on the hamstring of the left leg. The worst was the loss of flexibility. It took four weeks to be able again touch the ground with palms with straight legs and back. I still feel strain in my left knee when I try to stretch it, but I really miss my powerblocks. I know, my start will be slow and weights only token, but...

After those weeks I lost almost two kilos (My goal is put on weight a little bit) and I am afraid that I am losing muscle, because my diet did not change.

I will see what happens, but idea of start to exercise looks good to me.