Interesting Comments

Heya FitnessBlender Family!

I was curious about what you guys' thought to some comments I saw on a workout video I was watching the other day. It was a core routine that was I believe 10-15 minutes and had no rests in between exercises. I was looking through the comment section just to see what people thought about the video and honestly there were quite a few comments that just sounded like these people were uninformed or just being biased or even just mean in general.

One of the comments I saw was someone said, "I love this routine and it made me realize how lazy lifting is. This kept my heart rate up compared to taking 4-5 minute useless rests in between." I thought to myself, "Wow either this person was misinformed or really doesn't know much about strength training. There are many different ways you could strength train depending on your goals right? Usually big breaks like that are from mass building and like Kelli's favorite way to train taking really small to no breaks between strength sets can turn it into a cardio routine and get your heart rate up. I can't remember if I commented to their comment but I hope I did to show them not insult them for probably not knowing that strength training isn't lazy but just as good.

There were also other comments on other workout videos of people who really underestimate certain movements in an exercise. Like a lunge with a knee lift for example. In another workout video I watched that was one of the moves. I saw endless comments saying, "The knee lift is pointless. I'm cutting that part out. It's too hard." I was in shock. The knee lift does a lot actually. It helps with balance which works the core immensely and even works the legs and glutes.

I commented to this person correcting them and they got mad and offended towards me trying to tell them how helpful it was. I just sat there wondering what life was and why this person got so upset with me.

What would you guys have done if you saw comments like that? Would you comment and let them know where they may have been misinformed or biased? Would you help them out? Would you not reply at all and ignore them? I just wanted to help them. I wasn't expecting that backlash.

Edited