A big thank you

Kelli and Daniel are probably getting tons of compliments and “thank you” messages, but I really want to express my gratitude towards them and the FB community. :) Thank you for making fitness accessible to everyone, for making it possible to work out from home, for creating just the right routine or workout for every situation of our lives and thank you for having such an amazing attitude and for sharing it with us. I really think you are making a huge difference in so many people's life. :) And thank you to the community for always having encouraging and supportive words for everyone.

As I wrote in another post, because of an autoimmune disease, I haven’t been able to work out for 2 months or even to move much at all, for some time even getting out of bed was almost impossible. I am now feeling better but am at a completely different fitness level than I have been 2 months ago when I was doing FB Fit. Instead, I have started doing FB Reach a few days ago. I am actually a little sore, especially in my abs. It does suck that now 10 minute low impact feel good cardio workouts feel like hard work when before I was able to do 40 minute intense HIIT workouts. But I always remember what Kelli says continually in her videos and posts about how we’re all at different starting points in our lives and that’s ok and about how the important thing is to do what we can do at that point of our fitness journey. I’ve also read Kelli’s posts about her health problems and her journey.

So, I am proud of myself for showing up and for doing what I can in this situation.

I used to think that it was kind of cruel of the universe/god/fate or whatever you want to call it to hit me with a chronic disease just when I was taking such good care of my body and my health. And I would of course still have preferred not to get this disease at all, but I can’t change that. But now I’ve realized, if I had to get this disease, it was probably a good thing that I got it in this period of my life because I am not sure I would have been able to handle it a few years ago. A few years ago, if I had gotten it then, I might just have ended up staying on the couch all day and falling in some kind of depression.

I was not in the same state mentally that I am now and I also did not have the same attitude towards fitness that I have now. For the latter I have to thank Kelli and Daniel. I used to have an “all or nothing” kind of attitude and a few years ago I would probably just have given up on doing any physical activity at all for years. It actually didn’t even need chronic diseases for me to give up on being active far too often in my life. But my attitude has changed so much throughout the last year and a half.

Now, I am doing what I can, even if it’s not much, but I know that slowly and gradually I will improve and I know that my fitness journey is a lifelong journey, so there's no need for pressure.

For the last days, since I am able to do at least a bit of physical activity again, I have also been feeling better emotionally and more positive overall. It’s amazing what a little bit of fitness can do for your mental health.

Edited