O

The body I’m “meant” to have?!

Hello you lovely lot!

I have a bit of a weird question and I’m not asking cause I feel negative or one way in particular I’m just curious I guess....

Obviously genetics play a huge part in this and I understand we all have certain “body shapes” that I assume you can’t really change? But Do you think our bodies have a shape/size/composition that they’re “meant” to be? Maybe meant isn’t the best word as our bodies change constantly over time, I’m not entirely sure how to explain what I mean....

For example, I have been exercising a long time. I feel I am a fit and healthy person. I eat intuitively and my shape has not drastically changed in a while. Their is probably more body fat I could lose if I made further changes to my eating habits but I’m not sure I’m willing to compromise on my healthy mindset I now have about food which I have worked hard for. Having said that if I lost a bit more body fat would my body then be in ultimate peak condition? I am not overweight and I am toned. I could lose more body fat if I made an effort to have a bigger calorific deficit but When I have been “smaller” in the past I have sometimes looked a bit gaunt, does this suggest I have “gone too far”?

I lift as heavy as I can lift and I workout as much as I can without overtraining (this is as much for my mental health as physical I should add)...I feel that if I continue in this vein that my body composition will not change anymore....so do you reach a point where you body is just where it’s “meant” to be without making drastic changes to diet and workouts? Is this the same thing as a plateau?

I hope some of that makes sense. I’m just thinking out loud really. I guess I’m trying to decide if this is my shape now and I am working hard to learn to love and accept it as it is but their is part of me that wonders do I keep pushing and keep trying to change it into something it’s perhaps not “meant” to be?! Will your body just naturally stop at a point where it’s happy regardless of how much you exercise etc?

Thanks for listening to my ramble. I’d be interested to hear what you guys think if you can make sense of my waffle! 😂